TOTP Ticket Giveaway Terms & Conditions
HOW TO ENTER
- Watch Top of the Pops to find out how to receive tickets to be a member of the studio audience.
- Use your mobile phone to send your entry as a Text Message to the phone number 8687.
- To receive tickets to be in the audience text us the word TOTP to 8687: TOTP ANSWER.
- All messages to 8687 cost $0.99 including GST.
- Every text message received will receive tickets to the show
- Only 2 tickets can be issued to each mobile handset.
- You will be sent a confirmation via a call or text message sent to the mobile phone number that made the text.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entry is deemed acceptance of any applicable terms and conditions.
- Any SMS text messages sent to Top of the Pops (8687) will be so at the cost of the participant and will cost $0.99 including GST.
- For each Text Message entry a reply Text Message will be sent back to your mobile phone to let you know your entry has been received.
- Response times for these may vary and are subject to network coverage and availability, entry volumes, the memory of the SIM card inside your mobile phone not being full and/or any technical problems.
- Entry is open to all residents of New Zealand except for employees of TVNZ, Satellite Media, Sponsors of Top of the Pops, its associated programmes or Lateral profiles.
- SMS entry is open to Telecom New Zealand 025 & 027 and Vodafone/Telstra Clear 021 and 029 customers. Viewers entering whilst on roaming are not eligible to enter. TVNZ and Satellite Media reserve the right to provide information about your participation to either Vodafone or Telecom New Zealand.
- You must be the owner of the mobile phone to enter via Text Messaging or get the permission of the person responsible for paying the phone bill before entering.
- In the case of entry via Text Messaging and for the avoidance of doubt, whomever TVNZ contact or are contacted by as the case may be, must inform TVNZ who the owner of the mobile phone is. In case of mobile ownership dispute over a prize claim, it is the responsibility and full cost of the owner to prove such ownership.
- TVNZ and Satellite Media reserve the right to extend, postpone, or cancel a competition and to update the terms and conditions on tvnz.co.nz without notice.
- All entries become property of TVNZ. Entry into promotion constitutes consent to use winners' names & photos for any promotional purposes.
- TVNZ may be required by law to disclose information you provide. TVNZ will only make the disclosure if it believes in good faith that it is required to do so.
- TVNZ's decision in relation to any aspect of the promotion is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- TVNZ and Satellite Media reserve the right to conduct security verification check at their absolute discretion.
- TVNZ and Satellite Media reserve the right to request proof of identity and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of TVNZ and Satellite Media.
- TVNZ and Satellite Media are not liable for any loss, damage or injury by any person in connection with the promotion.
- Tickets are not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- Tickets are subject to stock availability and will be replaced with equivalent items if unavailable.
SMS ENTRY & ENTRY CONFIRMATION
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Top of the Pops database, NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- No responsibility accepted for non-receipt for any reason of a text message.
- All entries into the Top of the Pops ticket promotion will receive a reply confirmation message. In times of high entry volumes some delays may occur in the delivery of this reply message. TVNZ and Satellite Media will do its best to ensure all confirmation text messages sent to you are delivered promptly. Successful delivery depends on additional parties such as telecommunication network suppliers and ISP's, hence TVNZ and Satellite Media cannot guarantee that messages will arrive promptly or arrive at all. Message delivery performance is subject to the recipient's mobile terminal being switched on and located within an area that is acceptably covered by the recipient's service provider. Furthermore, mobile operators can prevent their subscribers from receiving SMS messages, for whatever reasons, and in such cases message delivery is not possible. TVNZ, Satellite Media and mobile operators will not be held responsible for any loss, damages or injury whatsoever arising from the receipt or non-receipt of text messages.
- The eventual delivery of SMS messages to the Tops of the Pops ticket promotion is largely dependent on additional parties and the effective functioning of the sender's mobile operator's systems and infrastructure. Consequently, TVNZ and Satellite Media will not be liable for non-receipt of or late receipt of messages due to issues resulting from services provided by the participant's mobile providers. Should there be a dispute, TVNZ and Satellite Media shall endeavour to make the necessary investigations to the best of its abilities and attempt to rectify the discrepancy, but should such investigations prove to be inconclusive, no further action can be taken against TVNZ, Satellite Media or Top of the Pops competition partners or the mobile operators by Tops of the Pops competition participants.
- In order for TVNZ to ensure viewers are receiving relevant benefits and a quality service, participants may be contacted on their mobile number by TVNZ representatives and asked to participate in brief surveys on the promotion. Participation in surveys is strictly on a voluntary basis and at no cost to the participant. Participants can only be selected once, at random and will not be contacted more than once.
COMPLAINTS & QUERIES
- Any complaints should be addressed in writing to TVNZ Enterprises - Top of the Pops competition, PO Box 3819, Auckland.
- Any queries relating to the promotion should call TVNZ (09) 916
7000 in the first instance providing their name and contact phone
The following terms and conditions may apply to Top of the Pops ticket promotion:
- Prizes of tickets exclude travel/transport to and from the venue unless otherwise stated. All ancillary costs are the responsibility of the prize winner.
- All travel prizes exclude travel/transport to and from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch or other airport of departure, departures taxes, transfers to and from hotel and events, insurance, any meals or beverages. Additional spending money and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the winner unless otherwise stated.
- Ticket holders and any companions must be able to travel on required dates to be eligible to use the tickets.
- In the event that the prize Winner is under 18 years of age he/she may be required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.