S2 Ep7: Beetroot, blackberry and pomegranate ice-blocks
3 medium beetroot, peeled and diced
1 cup frozen blackberries
2 cups pomegranate juice
2 teaspoons honey
seeds from 1 pomegranate
1. Prepare ice-block moulds following instructions below.
2. Cook beetroot in a saucepan of boiling water until tender.
3. Place in a bowl with blackberries, pomegranate juice and honey. Purée with a stick blender until smooth.
4. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds into the bottom of 6 prepared moulds. Pour beetroot mixture over the top.
To make your own ice-block moulds
6 lengths PVC piping about 10cm long
1. Cover top of each PVC length with two layers of plastic wrap
and secure with rubber bands. Then cover plastic wrap with
2. After the ice-block mixture has been added, cover base with aluminium foil and slide a chopstick through the foil and into the ice-block - the foil holds the stick in place.