Marina's tips for cracking the market
"When we bought our first home we had a bit of a pressure buy. It was basically the first house we looked at which is crazy.
"Mum thought it was lovely - Terry came after he'd been concussed at rugby. He couldn't even remember how big the lounge was and I had to do the negotiation on my own.
"So here are my tips for getting it right - I learned the hard way!"
1. Don't tell the agent or seller your top price.
2. Take your time. The real estate agent may want a deal on the day, but it's important to go through the paperwork with a fine-tooth comb.
3. If a seller changes something, you can change the offer.
4. Ask a lawyer to check your offer.
5. Make sure you understand everything - if not, don't sign it.