Shorty stars are going Dry this July!
Dry July is here and Shortland Street’s Jayden Daniels (Curtis Hannah), Jarod Rawiri (Mo Hannah) and Laura Thompson (Victoria Anderton) are jumping on board to support the cause!
Dry July is a fundraiser that challenges participants to go booze-free for a month to support adults living with cancer. Participants get healthy and clear-headed while also raising funds for an important cause.
Dry July improves the wellbeing of adult cancer patients by providing funds to create better services and environments for them and their families.
This year ambassadors can choose to support any one of the following organisations
- Cancer Society of New Zealand
- Southern Blood and Cancer
- Auckland Region and Northland Hospitals
- Wellington Blood and Cancer
- Canterbury Regional and Haematology Service
- Dry July Supporting NZ fund (which is designed to fund projects for those outside of the areas covered by the key
This year Jayden Daniels is supporting Wellington Blood and Cancer as this is something close to his dear heart. Wellington Blood and Cancer Centre (WBCC) operates a comprehensive cancer centre model across an inpatient and outpatient facility.
Meanwhile Jarod is supporting a totally different cause. He says his recent Shortland Street storylines have opened his eyes and he is raising money for Canterbury Regional and Haematology service.
“I’m doing dry July this year for a number of reasons. It doesn't take much for us to be able to raise money for such a good cause. My recent storylines are so closely related to cancer and this has really opened my eyes to what goes on out there in the real world,” says Jarod.
Some of the projects funded by this campaign include:
• New chemotherapy treatment chairs
• New patient accommodation & transport vehicles
• Upgraded waiting areas
• Refurbished gardens & balconies
• New TVs, WiFi internet connections, laptops & iPads
• Music & art therapy programs
• Patient journals & wig libraries
• New kitchenettes & beverage machines
To find out how you can help, please visit www.dryjuly.co.nz
Show you support for the Shortland Street team and get in behind a great cause by donating online.
Of if you want to support Team Shorty – head here - https://nz.dryjuly.com/team/shortlandstreet
And don’t forget to catch Jayden, Jarod and Laura on Shortland Street weeknights on TV2.