Kiwi runner Alison Bradley isn't one to shy away from a challenge, she decided to run the width of the United States of America in aid of cancer research.
For most of us the idea of running a marathon maybe once in our lives seems like a big deal, but Alison has been doing two a day, every day, for the past two months.
The total distance is 4500 km and she's set to finish in 55 days, smashing the current record of 69 days.
Seven Sharp managed to get in seven quick questions with Alison as she put her well-worn feet up somewhere in the Mojave Desert.
- Now that you're nearing your goal, how well prepared do you think you were for this challenge? "Haha, there's no way anyone can prepare for this!"
- What has been keeping you going? "Thinking about the beach at the finish, all of the support."
- Any annoying songs getting stuck in your head? "500 miles has been in my head A LOT."
- How many pairs of trainers have you got through? "6"
- What part of you hurts the most? "Nothing really hurts, I'm just really tired"
- What do you do when you're not running? "Eat, rehab, sleep, repeat"
- Have you got a list of things you want to do when you finish? "Beach, drink, sleep :) "
You can read more about Alison's run, and donate to cancer
research at her website,