TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TEXT VOTING & TEXT COMMENTS
- Any SMS text messages sent to 2211 will be so at the cost of the participant and will cost $0.50 including GST per text.
- Text your vote/comment to 2211.
- Any invalid or incorrect votes cannot be transferred. No refunds will be given for these text messages.
- Text messages must be no longer than 160 characters (including the use of spaces, full stops, commas, etc).
- Any message that is longer than 160 characters will be split up by the senders mobile service provider in 160-character lots and will be sent in 2 or more messages.
- In the event of the senders message being longer than 160 characters the sender will be charged at $0.50 including GST per text for the number of texts required to send the full message. For the avoidance of doubt, as an example, if a senders message is 200 characters long, the sender will be charged for two text messages at $0.50 per message totalling $1.00 including GST, if a sender's message is 330 characters long, the sender will be charged for three text messages at $0.50 per message totalling $1.50 (including GST), and so on.
- All texts to the shortcode 2211 is NOT part of any free text plans and/or account messaging bundles so these do not apply.
- Use of profanity is prohibited and will be removed from the text message.
- texting is open to all residents of New Zealand.
- Viewers voting whilst on roaming may not be able to participate.
- You must be the owner of the mobile phone to vote via Text Messaging or get the permission of the person responsible for paying the phone bill before voting.
- TVNZ reserves the right to update the terms and conditions on tvnz.co.nz without notice.
- TVNZ may be required by law to disclose information you provide. TVNZ will only make the disclosure if it believes in good faith that it is required to do so.
- All messages are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Q+A database, NOT at the time of transmission by the voter.
- For each text message entry a reply text message will be sent back to your mobile phone to let you know your entry has been received.
- Response times for these reply text messages may vary and are subject to network coverage and availability, entry volumes, the memory capacity of the SIM card inside your mobile phone and/or any technical problems.
- No responsibility is accepted for non-receipt for any reason of a text message. No refunds will be given on textsmessages charged for but not received in time .
- The eventual delivery of SMS messages to the Q+A database is largely dependent on additional parties and the effective functioning of the sender's mobile operator's systems and infrastructure. Consequently, TVNZ will not be liable for non-receipt of or late receipt of messages due to issues resulting from services provided by the participant's mobile providers. Should there be a dispute, TVNZ shall endeavour to make the necessary investigations to the best of its abilities and attempt to rectify the discrepancy, but should such investigations prove to be inconclusive, no further action can be taken against TVNZ, other entities involved in the promotion or mobile operators.
- Messages will be monitored for profanity. TVNZ reserves the right to adjust final message should any profanity be identified
- In order for TVNZ to ensure viewers are receiving relevant benefits and a quality service, participants may be contacted on their mobile number by TVNZ representatives and asked to participate in brief surveys on the promotion. Participation in surveys is strictly on a voluntary basis and at no cost to the participant. Participants can only be selected once, at random and will not be contacted more than once.
COMPLAINTS & QUERIES
- Any complaints should be addressed in writing to TVNZ Licensing –, PO Box 3819, Auckland or by using our online feedback form at: http://tvnz.co.nz/tvnz-corporate-comms/feedback-form-4935039
- Any queries relating to the promotion should call TVNZ on 0800900188 (in the first instance providing their name and contact phone number.