Locations: Russia, the Caribbean, French Riviera, London, Cuba
The villain: Alex Trevelyan (Sean Bean)
Natalya Simonova (Izabella Scorupco) a beautiful Russian computer programmer who helps Bond save the world.
Xenia Onatopp (Famke Janssen), a seductive and ruthless assassin, she kills her victims by crushing them with her thighs.
-Xenia Onatopp's red Ferrari Spider F355 GTS sports car with fake French rego plates;
- a blue BMW Z3 roadster convertible car;
- the return of the silver birch Aston Martin DB5
- His watch provides a remote control to an explosives.
- A leather belt with a 75 foot repelling cord piton.
- An pen which is actually a Class 4 grenade with a 4 second fuse that is activated and deactivated by 4 clicks.
- A digital camera that can be linked to a printer and transmitter in the Aston Martin.
- Bond's car, a BMW Z3, features an all point radar, a self destruct mechanism and Stinger missiles behind the headlights.
"The Goldeneye" written by Bono & The Edge of U2 and performed by Tina Turner. Swedish pop music group Ace of Base was originally slated to perform the title theme song.
Xenia Onatopp: You don't need the gun.
James Bond: Well, that depends on your definition of safe sex.
Caroline: I enjoy a spirited ride as much as
the next girl, but...
[a woman pulls up alongside and smiles]
Caroline: Who's that?
James Bond: The next girl.
- The title Goldeneye is taken from the nickname for Ian Fleming's Jamaican home where he wrote many of the James Bond novels and stories.
- For the scenes in which Xenia Onatopp is seen flying the Tiger helicopter, a male pilot had to be made up to look like Famke Janssen.
- Features the highest bungee jump from a structure in a movie. The drop was over 722 ft.