Internet millionaire Kim Dotcom has accused Prime Minister John Key of lying and says he can prove it in court.
Key has repeatedly denied knowing of Dotcom's existence until the day before before a police raid of the internet entrepreneur's home on January 20, but in an interview with TV ONE's Q+A programme Dotcom said otherwise.
Asked by interviewer Paul Holmes if he believed John Key has lied about this, Dotcom replied "yes".
Asked if he had evidence of this, he also replied "yes".
"[John Key] is running naked and telling people he has clothes on," said Dotcom, in reference to Key's assertions. "Everyone can see he's naked. I know for a fact that John Key knew before January 19, and it's going to be a topic in our court hearing."
Key has repeatedly said he first heard of Dotcom was the day before the raid.
"To the best of my knowledge the first I heard of Kim Dotcom was on January 19 when the solicitor-general told me his name," he said on October 24.
Dotcom said political interference was keeping the process alive to have him extradited to the US to face charges of internet piracy.
"For him not to be up front and honest about it, to me, there's really only one reason and that's the political interference element that could stop the whole extradition procedure."
Dotcom will not seek damages from the New Zealand Government over the police raid, but has targets in the United States should he win.
"If I would seek damages, I would not seek them in New Zealand. I would seek them from the US Government, which has acted in bad faith, and I would seek that also from Hollywood studios," he said.
"We know that they have spied on us more than is already known," Dotcom said. "I mean, they have installed cameras around the property. They have surveilled us quite a bit, so all of that will have to come out during the court proceedings".
The internet mogul also denied being an internet pirate as has been alleged, saying he did not make his fortune from other people's copyrighted material.
"The bottom line is if Megaupload is illegal, so is YouTube, so are countless other sites that allow user-generated content," he said.
"If you go to YouTube now, right now, and you look for infringing material, you will find more there online right now than you would ever find in the history of Megaupload. It's the reality of the internet.
"It's not my responsibility to stop them [customers uploading copyright infringing files]. I was an online service provider. It's not my job to police what people are uploading," he said.
Dotcom asserts that Megaupload did not reward members for uploading illegal movies and TV series. "Not a penny has been paid to anybody who's uploading a full-length movie," he said.
Last week on TV ONE's Sunday programme, former employee of Dotcom Jesse Bushyhead alleged he was assaulted by the German national's bodyguards.
Dotcom denied this, as well as cancelling his air ticket, as Bushyhead highlighted in the programme.
"I'm not a violent guy. I never push anybody. I don't hurt anybody."