The man dubbed the Beast of Blenheim says he is frustrated by his parole conditions, but his requests to have his release restrictions eased have been rejected.
Wilson was released into a self-care unit on the Wanganui Prison grounds after serving his 21-year prison sentence for multiple rapes and assaults against women and girls over a 25 year period.
Last month the Parole Board considered the progress of his release and his appeal to have some of his 17 special release conditions relaxed.
In a progress report released today the Board said Wilson still needed regular supervision and turned down requests for him to be able to own a car and have more freedom to leave his house.
The report said Wilson is still considered to present a high risk of reoffending and continues to deny his previous crimes.
The sex offender has been living in a self contained unit on Wanganui prison grounds, outside the prison wire, since October 17.
Since then he has been gradually re-integrated into society, but accompanied by two members of the Prisoners Aid and Rehabilitation Trust every time he leaves his home.
His excursions so far include shopping trips, walking and fishing, and regular trips to the probation office in Wanganui.
He has also received guests at his new home including members of the community who have offered him their support. However, each trip has to be carefully planned a week in advance.
Wilson has been working with a psychologist on a safety plan as his integration continues but said he is frustrated and wants more freedom to leave his house.
He wants to be able to go out with his lawyer or supporters and wants to be able to do more activities. He had applications to attend the Wanganui opera house and midnight mass turned down, and Wilson claims he is effectively under house arrest for much of the day.
Wilson also wants to be able to own a car, but the Board had some concern about the possibility he could pick up passengers. A compromise application for a scooter was offered but also turned down. The Board said it may be possible that Wilson would need a vehicle later.
In his letter to the Board, Mr Wilson says that he will "use common sense and avoid crowds or large gatherings where problems could occur", and that he will, "listen and act upon the good advice of the Probation Office who want a positive outcome for a brighter future free of any wrong doing".
Wilson will be continued to be monitored and will meet the parole board again in March.