Grand Final - Will and Steve: Peaches and Cream
Prep: 1 hour (+freezing)
Cook: 35 mins
- 500ml peach juice
- Mint sprigs & micro herbs, to decorate
- 4 firm ripe yellow peaches, halved
- 20g butter, melted
- 1 ½ tbs brown sugar
- ½ bunch lemon thyme
Creme Fraiche Ice Cream
- 200ml milk
- 175g icing sugar
- 600g crème fraîche
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 135g spelt wholemeal flour
- 115g rolled oats
- 55g dark brown sugar
- 110g butter
- 20g coconut oil
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp baking power
- Pinch of salt
- 150ml thickened cream
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tbs icing sugar
- To make ice cream, whisk milk and sugar in a bowl until sugar dissolves. Stir in remaining ingredients. Churn in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- To make biscuits, process all ingredients to form a dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of baking paper until 3mm thick. Cut out 10cm rounds. Place on prepared tray, 3cm apart.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack.
- Place peach juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer until reduced to a syrup consistency. Cool completely.
- Increase oven to 200C.
- To roast peaches, brush them all over with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place in a flameproof roasting dish, in a single layer, cut-side down. Sprinkle with thyme sprigs.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from pan and peel away skin. Cool completely.
- To make vanilla cream, beat all ingredients together until soft peaks form.
- To assemble, place a biscuit on each plate. Top with one peach half. Spoon or pipe whipped cream into centre. Top with remaining peach halves and decorate with mint sprigs. Serve with ice cream and peach syrup. Sprinkle with micro herbs.
- Remaining biscuits will keep in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Alternatively, only bake four biscuits and freeze uncooked biscuits to cook for another occasion.