Ep4 - Lamb Backstrap with Pickled Beetroot and Crème Fraîche
Team:Rosie & Paige
Cook:1 hour 20 mins
300g lamb backstrap fillet
Olive oil, to rub
80g (¾cup) shaved parmesan, to serve
Micro herbs, to serve
2 medium beetroot
250g (¾cup) redcurrant jelly
250ml (1 cup) red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper, to season
70g (¼cup) Dijon mustard
Chive Creme Fraiche
200g crème fraîche
1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- To make pickled beetroot, place beetroot on an oven tray and roast for 50 minutes or until tender. When cool enough to handle, peel and thinly slice.
- Place jelly, vinegar and cloves in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then stir until melted and combined. Simmer for 12-15 minutes or until reduced and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat and strain into a bowl. Season, then whisk in mustard. Add beetroot and stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
- To make chive crème fraîche, whisk crème fraîche until smooth. Stir in chives. Season.
- Reduce oven to 100C.
- Brush lamb all over with oil and season well.
- Preheat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add lamb and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned all over. Transfer to oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a warm plate, covered with foil, for 10 minutes to rest. Slice, then season.
- Divide lamb, chive crème fraîche and pickled beetroot among serving plates. Garnish with micro herbs and parmesan to serve.