Ep3 - Grilled Swordfish with Pea Purée and Tarragon Sauce
Team:Cheryl & Matt
1 bunch Dutch carrots, trimmed, scrubbed
50g butter, chopped
4 swordfish steaks
2 tbs olive oil
fresh tarragon sprigs, to garnish
1 eschallot, finely chopped
250ml white wine
½bunch tarragon sprigs
¼tsp ground black pepper
300ml thickened cream
250ml fish stock
2 tbs finely chopped fresh tarragon
500g fresh or frozen baby peas
¼cup baby mint leaves
60ml thickened cream
2 tsp lemon juice
- To make tarragon sauce, place eschallot, wine, tarragon sprigs and pepper in a medium saucepan over low heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until reduced by two thirds. Stir in cream and stock. Simmer until reduced by half and thickened. Strain into a clean jug. Stir in chopped tarragon. Season.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place carrots in a roasting dish and dot with butter. Season. Roast, turning half way through, for about 30 minutes or until tender and caramelised.
- To make pea puree, cook peas in a large saucepan of boiling, lightly salted water until very tender. Drain and transfer peas to a blender with mint, cream and juice. Blend until smooth. Season. Pass through a fine sieve.
- Preheat a chargrill pan over high heat. Brush swordfish all over with oil. Season. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side until just cooked through.
- Serve fish with pea puree, carrots and sauce. Garnish with tarragon.