Ep15 - Baked Pina Colada
Team: Mike & Tarq
Prep: 20 mins (+ chilling)
Cook: 25 mins
Coconut oil spray, to grease
150ml thickened cream
1tbs icing sugar mixture
1 tsp grated lime zest
Toasted coconut and finely grated lime zest, to serve
250ml (1 cup) coconut cream
250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
6 egg yolks
6 tbs caster sugar
160g chopped fresh pineapple
1 tbs finely chopped fresh mint
1 tbs butter
30ml white rum
- Preheat oven to 160C. Spray six ramekins (125ml capacity) with oil. Place dishes in a roasting dish lined with a tea towel.
- To make custard, pour creams into a medium saucepan over low heat and stir until hot.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl until thick and pale. Gradually whisk egg mixture into hot cream mixture. Strain into prepared ramekins.
- Add enough boiling water to roasting dish to come half way up sides of ramekins. Bake for 35 minutes or until set with a slight wobble in the middle.
- Remove dishes from water bath and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until cold.
- Beat cream, icing sugar mixture and lime zest until firm peaks form. Refrigerate until needed.
- To make pineapple salsa, combine pineapple and mint in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to macerate.
- Melt butter in a wok over high heat. Add pineapple mixture and toss. Add rum and tilt wok to flame. Toss for 1 minute.
- Invert custards onto serving plates. Top with salsa and whipped cream. Decorate with coconut and lime zest to serve.