Ep11 - Seared Scallops with Corn Purée and Crumbed Crackling
Team:Nev & Kell
20cm x 10cm piece pork rind
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper, to season
12 large scallops, without roe
2 tsp olive oil
1 small leek, white part only, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cobs corn, kernels removed
100ml chicken stock
60ml (¼cup) thickened cream
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Pat pork rind dry and lightly score all over. Rub all over with lemon juice and half the oil. Season with salt. Place on a rack on an oven tray.
- Cook for 50 minutes or until crisp and golden. Set aside to cool completely, then coarsely chop. Transfer to a food processor and process until fine crumbs form. Season.
- To make corn purée, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and garlic and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes or until corn is very soft and liquid has reduced and thickened. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Season.
- Heat remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat until very hot. Season scallops, then add to pan and cook for 1 minute. Turn and cook for a further 40 seconds.
- Divide corn purée among serving plates and top with scallops. Sprinkle over crumbed crackling to serve.