Ep 5 Deb and Rick: Prawn, Fennel & Potato Crisp with Mustard Dressing
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 12 large prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup firmly packed chervil leaves
- 125g (1/2 cup) whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp hot English mustard
- 2 tsp water
- pinch cayenne pepper
- To make dressing, whisk all ingredients in a jug until combined.
- Add prawns to a large saucepan of simmering salted water. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until prawns have changed colour and are just cooked through. Drain.
- Deep fry potatoes, 2-3 slices at a time, until golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper. Season with salt.
- Divide the potato, fennel, prawns and chervil among serving plates. Season. Drizzle with dsessing.
- For super thin slices, use a mandolin to cut your potatoes and fennel.
- We lay our potato slices our on absorbent paper to dry a little before frying. This helps them crisp up during cooking.
- For a thinner dressing, you could add a little warm water.
- You can adjust the amount of mustard and cayenne in the dressing to suit your taste.