Ep 28 Eva and Debra: Steamed Mussels with Lemongrass, Ginger and Chilli
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 15 mins
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 eschalots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves picked
- 1 lemongrass stick, bruised, quartered lengthways
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1cm-piece ginger, finely grated
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1½ tbs fish sauce
- 1kg mussels, cleaned, debearded
- 1 lime, juiced
- Coriander leaves, thinly sliced red chilli and lime wedges, to serve
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-low heat. Add eschalot, garlic, coriander stalks, lemongrass, lime leaves, chilli and ginger.
- Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant. Add coconut milk and fish sauce and bring to the boil.
- Add mussels. Cook, covered, shaking pan occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mussels open. Add lime juice.
- Garnish mussels with coriander and chilli. Serve with lime wedges to the side.