Ep 12 Vicky and Celine: Chargrilled Octopus and Broad Bean Salad with Red Wine Dressing
Prep: 15 mins (+40 mins chilling)
Cook: 30 mins
- 2 kiwifruit, thinly sliced
- 8 large octopus legs, cleaned
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 50ml olive oil
- 40ml red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp caster sugar
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 500g frozen broad beans
- 80ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs finely chopped dill
- 1 lemon, zested, juiced
- 4 marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 80g feta, crumbled
- Arrange half the kiwifruit slices over the base of a baking dish. Top with octopus legs in a single layer. Top with remaining kiwi slices. Refrigerate for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- To make salad, cook beans in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain.
- Whisk oil, dill, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl. Add beans and remaining ingredients, then toss to combine.
- Remove and rinse octopus, discarding kiwifruit. Place octopus in a large saucepan with 125ml (½ cup) water over low heat. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Place octopus in a bowl with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Preheat a barbecue to high. Add octopus and cook, turning, for 5-10 minutes or until charred. Thickly slice. Add octopus and dressing to salad, then toss to combine.
- Divide salad among serving plates. Serve.