Ep 1 Jac and Shaz: Zucchini & Potato Rösti Stack with Smoked Salmon and Crème Fraîche
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 3 tbs vegetable oil, to fry
- 200g crème fraîche
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs finely chopped dill
- 100g rocket leaves
- 200g sliced smoked salmon
- 8 chives
- Baby capers and olive oil, to serve
- 300g zucchini, coarsely grated
- 2 tsp salt
- 500g potatoes, coarsely grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 2 tbs finely chopped chives
- To make rosti, place zucchini in a sieve over a bowl. Stir through half the salt. Stand for 10 minutes to drain. Push down to remove excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Repeat with potato.
- Combine zucchini, potato and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place ¼ cup of mixture into pan and lightly press into an 8cm circle. Repeat to make three circles. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden, crisp and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 12 rosti.
- Combine crème fraîche, lemon juice and dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place one rosti on each serving plate. Divide a third of the rocket among each rosti, then repeat with salmon and crème fraîche mixture to make a stack. Repeat twice more, ending with crème fraîche mixture. Top with chives and capers, then drizzle over oil to serve.