Ep 1 Jac and Shaz: Rack of Lamb with Crushed Potatoes and Lemon Green Beans
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 50 mins
- 1kg chat potatoes
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, skin on
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 20 pitted kalamata olives
- 2 x 6-cutlet lamb racks, trimmed
- olive oil, for brushing
- 8 sprigs rosemary
- 250g plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- ½ long red chilli, chopped
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 400g green beans
- 1 tbs olive oil
- finely grated zest & juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- To make sauce, blend or process all ingredients until smooth. Season. Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold, salted water. Bring to a gentle boil. Boil until just tender. Drain and allow steam to evaporate. Transfer to a baking tray in a single layer and crush lightly with a fork. Add tomatoes and garlic. Drizzle with oil. Season.
- Roast for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are browned and crisp, adding olives for last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Brush lamb with oil and season.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb fat side down until golden brown. Turn and cook for a further for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer lamb to a roasting pan on top of rosemary. Roast for about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and lightly cover with foil. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Steam beans until just tender.
- Place oil and zest in a frying pan over lowest heat for about 5 minutes to infuse. Stir in beans. Add juice. Toss to combine. Season.
- Serve lamb with potato mixture, beans and sauce.
- Reduce heat of sauce by omitting seeds of chilli.
- Exact cooking time of lamb will depend on size and weight of lamb.
- Roast extra potatoes and tomatoes and serve the next day for breakfast, topped with a poached egg and served with some baby spinach.