Ep8 Jessie and Ricki - Salmon Fillet with Zesty Lime & Mango Couscous Salad
© Pepe De Hoyos
- 10 Salmon fillets pin boned
- 1 bunch Spring onions
- 3 Mangoes
- 3 Capsicums
- 3 Cup Couscous
- 300g Grated fresh coconut
- 5cm Ginger
- 7Tbsp. Olive oil
- 6 Limes
- 1 Bag Rocket leaves
- Finely grate ginger, zest the lime into a small bowl and add lime juice and olive oil. Season to taste and add more oil if necessary to balance out lime.
- Boil 1 cup of water, take off element and add couscous. Cover with lid and set aside for 5mins.
- Fluff up with a fork and season with salt and pepper, set aside to cool. Finely slice capsicum and mango. Put mescaline into a bowl and toss through the capsicum, mango and coconut evenly. Add sliced spring onion. Just before serving, drizzle chilled dressing and toss through the couscous.
- Oil and salt the skin of the salmon. Place skin side down in a very hot pan. Cook 2/3 rds of the way on the skin side. Turn over and finish cooking for 30 seconds.
- Rest for 2 minutes and serve.
This recipe has been supplied to TVNZ by the My Kitchen Rules New Zealand contestants. TVNZ has not tested this recipe and results may differ from those expected.