Ep7 Ian and Sandie - Vanilla Panna Cotta with Berry Coulis
© Pepe De Hoyos
- 750ml Milk
- 750ml Cream
- 300g Sugar
- 2 Vanilla beans
- 5 Gelatine sheets
- 1kg Frozen mixed berries
- 2 Tbsp. Castor sugar
- Lemon juice to taste
- Place the gelatine in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak for 5-10 minutes or until softened.
- In a large pot combine milk, cream sugar and vanilla seeds and pods. Place the mixture over high heat and bring up to the boil. But do not boil. Remove from the heat and add in drained gelatine.
- Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Pass through a sieve and pour into dariole moulds. Making sure you whisk as you pour. Place into the fridge and leave to set for at least 4 hours.
- Place the frozen berries into a pot with sugar, lemon juice and 3 Tbsp. Water. When reduced down and a thick syrup pass through a sieve to remove all the seeds. Taste and adjust with sugar and lemon juice to taste.
- To remove the panacottas, quickly dip the outside of the mould into hot water and then turn upside down.
This recipe has been supplied to TVNZ by the My Kitchen Rules New Zealand contestants. TVNZ has not tested this recipe and results may differ from those expected.