Coconut Cream Fillet
Coconut Cream Poached Red Emperor Fillet on Curried
Recipe by Jax Hamilton
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
1 garlic clove
1cm piece ginger
1 425g tin Homebrand coconut cream
1 small fillet of red emperor, or other white fish, skin on.
2 small potatoes, diced
2 tbsp Mainland butter
1 large handful fresh spinach
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp curry powder
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Place Homebrand coconut cream, garlic and ginger in a medium sized saucepan, place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Place fish fillet in the pan and cook for five minutes. Remove the fillet from the pan, place on a baking tray and place in oven for five minutes until cooked. Reserve coconut cream liquor.
2. Place potatoes in a small saucepan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer until just tender. Refresh and set aside.
3. In a small frying pan over medium heat, melt one tablespoon of Mainland butter and wilt the spinach. Remove from pan, squeeze out excess water and set aside.
4. Place a small saucepan over medium heat with the remaining Mainland butter. Add the crushed garlic and onion. Saute until translucent, then add potatoes and sauté until the potato is coloured. Add the curry powder and fry until the potatoes are golden. Add half a cup of the reserved coconut cream liqueur. Stir until combined, then add the wilted spinach.
5. To serve, place curried vegetables in bowl and place fish fillet on top.