Canteloupe melon cannelloni with crab and lime
Recipe by Josh Emett
200g crab meat, picked
1 cantaloupe melon, peeled, cut into quarters
1/2 cucumber, brunoise
25g fresh mayonnaise
fresh lime juice
ground white pepper
10 Hazelnuts, roasted in Mainland butter and chopped
1. Pick the crab meat, removing all shell. Dice 1/8 of the melon
into brunoise. Combine the melon with the crab and add the
cucumber, mayonnaise, chives and lime juice then season with salt
2. Shave the melon on a mandolin length ways and then cut into long rectangle strips. Take a small amount of the crab mix and place on one end of the cantaloupe strips. Serve with a sprinkle of hazelnuts and sea salt.
- Slice melon fine on a mandolin.
- Hand pick crabmeat over ice to ensure you remove all shell.
- Squeeze crabmeat carefully with your hands to drain out any excess moisture.
- Brunoise is a traditional French term/cut , a small dice or cube 3mm by 3mm by 3mm in size.