EP 60 Laura Lobster and Scallops with Chestnuts and Mushrooms
2 radish, finely sliced
200ml peanut oil
4 x chestnuts, peeled and finely sliced
2 x rashers bacon
1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
100 ml red wine vinegar
200 grams butter
½ cup parsley, roughly chopped
½ cup coriander, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 x slice sourdough bread
100 grams oyster mushrooms, finely sliced
100 grams shitake mushrooms, finely sliced
3 sprigs thyme
12 x scallops
orange zest, for garnish
salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add lobster and cook with water simmering, for 8 minutes. Remove from water and set aside in a bowl of iced water.
- Place radish slices in a bowl of iced water and set aside.
- Place peanut oil in a saucepan, set over high heat and bring to 180C. Add chestnut slices and fry until golden. Remove from oil and set aside on paper towel.
- Place bacon in frypan and set over medium heat. Fry until crisp. Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor. Pulse to a coarse crumb and set aside.
- Return frypan to medium heat, add shallot and fry until golden. Add red wine vinegar to deglaze frypan. Remove from heat and set aside.
- To make the herb butter, place butter, parsley and coriander in a food processor and process until well combined. Season and set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frypan and set over medium heat. Add sourdough bread and fry on both sides until golden. Remove from oil and tear into pieces. Set aside.
- Add another 1 tablespoon olive oil to frypan, add mushrooms and thyme to the oil and fry until golden. Remove from heat, add fried bread pieces and toss to combine. Season and set aside.
- Remove lobster from iced water. Remove meat from shell and cut into pieces.
- Place herb butter in a frypan and set over medium heat. Add lobster and scallops and cook, basting with butter until warmed through, about 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, divide lobster and scallops between serving plates. Add fried chestnuts slices and radish slices. Add mushrooms and shallots with red wine vinegar. Sprinkle with bacon crumb and orange zest and season with salt and pepper.