Ep 59 - Donna Hay's Caesar Salad
Donna Haye's Caesar Salad
You will need:
Thin slices of baguette
Four rashers of bacon
1/4 cup maple syrup
soft boiled egg
one whole baby cos lettuce
For the dressing:
1/2 tsp Wostershire sauce
1 tsp of lemon juice
3/4 cup grape seed oil
salt to season
1. Brush the baguette slices with olive oil and pop them in the oven at 160 degrees for about 10 mins. You want them to be crunchy and golden.
2. In a bowl, mix the bacon rashers with the maple syrup. Evenly coat the bacon with the syrup. Lay out bacon rashers onto lined baking tray and cook in the oven at 160 for 15 - 20 mins.
3. For the soft boiled egg - to get perfect egg, you want the
yolk right in the centre. To achieve this when boiling your
egg, make a whirlpool by stirring the water around. Place the
egg in the centre and keep the whirlpool going for about 20
4. For the dressing, mix together ingredients in a blender. Slowly add the grapeseed oil the oil in as the dressing is mixing, starting with a few drops at a time. Once blended, transfer to a bowl. Whisk through a small amount of cold water to thin the sauce.
5. To serve, slice the lettuce in half and place on plate.
Break thesoft boiled egg in half and place delicately on the
plate. Arrange the croutons and bacon on the plate by laying in
rows next to the lettuce.Drizzle the dressing onto the lettuce,
making sure to get lettuce in between the leaves. Finally grate
over parmesan cheese.