Ep 4 - Pork Fried Rice
EP 4 Scott Yeoman
Pork Fried Rice
1/3 cup oyster sauce
1/3 cup light soy sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 tablespoon peanut oil
130 grams bacon, diced
400 grams pork fillet, cut into 2mm slices
½ teaspoon lemon zest
6 cloves garlic, crushed
4cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
1 red chilli, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
2 carrots, cut into 2mm matchsticks
6 spring onions, stems sliced 5mm, tops finely shredded for garnish
200 grams red capsicum, diced
4 eggs, lightly beaten
4 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- Mix together sauces, juices and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons peanut oil in a wok over medium high heat. Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes until starting to brown. Add pork and season with salt, pepper and lemon zest. Cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Add 2 teaspoons peanut oil to wok and stir fry garlic, ginger, chilli and shallots for 2 minutes or until shallots are translucent. Add carrot, spring onion stems, capsicum and season to taste. Cook for 1 minute so that vegetables retain their texture. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Pour egg into wok then swirl to make a thin omelette. Cook for 30 seconds then break up with a fork.
- Add rice and return cooked ingredients to wok and toss together. Pour over sauce mixture and stir thoroughly.
Serve immediately, garnished with spring onion tops