Ep 29 - Panfried Lobster with Tomato Ginger Sauce
EP 29 Amy
Panfried Lobster with Tomato Ginger Sauce
4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons peeled, finely chopped ginger
3 tablespoons white port
2 teaspoons vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten plus 4 egg yolks
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons bread crumbs
2 lobster tails, blanched and peeled
200 grams unsalted butter
vegetable oil, for deep frying
salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat deep fryer to 180C.
- Freeze the egg yolks.
- Place the tomato, ginger, white port, vinegar and sugar in a saucepan with ½ cup water and set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer gently until softened and reduced, about 20-30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a stick blender, blend the sauce until smooth. Pass through a sieve, season and set aside.
- Place the flour, egg and bread crumb in 3 separate bowls. Dip the frozen yolks in flour then egg then breadcrumbs and place in the fridge to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place the butter in a frypan and set over low heat. Once melted, add the lobster tail and cook until just cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and set aside, keeping warm.
- Place the crumbed yolk in deep fryer and cook until golden, about 40 seconds. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel.
- To serve, place lobster tail on a plate. Add a deep fried egg yolk and spoon sauce over. Season to taste.