Ep 18 - Chicken with Stuffing
EP 18 Colin
Chicken with Stuffing and Crustacean Emoltion
5 chicken thigh fillets
8 sprigs thyme
8 stalks parsley
12 prawns, peeled, heads & shells reserved
160 grams butter
1 harbenero chilli, thinly sliced
500 ml chicken stock
salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place 1 chicken thigh fillet, leaves of 4 sprigs thyme and 4 stalks parsley in a food processor and process to a smooth paste. Transfer to a bowl. Roughly chop 4 prawns and add to chicken paste, add ½ teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon softened butter and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place remaining thigh fillets on a bench between 2 sheets plastic wrap and beat until flattened. Place ¼ chicken paste mixture onto each flattened chicken fillet and roll tightly. Wrap each roll with backing paper then foil, securing ends and place in the oven to cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile to make the sauce, place 1 tablespoon butter in a frypan set over high heat, add reserved prawn heads and shells and cook until fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add 2 sprigs thyme, 2 stalks parsley, chilli slices to taste and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Allow to boil until reduced to about 200 ml stock. Remove from heat, strain into a saucepan and whisk in 2 tablespoons butter. Add remaining parsley, finely chopped, season to taste, and set aside.
- To finish the chicken, place 2 tablespoons butter in a frypan and set over medium heat. Unwrap the chicken and add to the frypan, cook, basting with the butter until browned all over, about 8 minutes. Remove chicken from frypan and set aside to rest.
- Add another 1 tablespoon butter to the frypan, add okra and remaining 2 sprigs thyme and cook until the butter turns nut brown and the okra is vibrant green, about 3 minutes. Remove okra from frypan and set aside.
- Wipe out frypan, and add remaining 3 tablespoons butter to the frypan. Add the remaining 8 prawns and fry until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- To serve, slice chicken fillet rolls and arrange on plates. Add the prawns and okra and drizzle with sauce. Season to taste.