Recipe - Poppy's Perfect Popcorn
Poppy's Perfect Popcorn
Makes 1 Large Bowl of Popcorn
1) Empty 500g caster sugar into a mixing bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 heaped teaspoons of ground cinnamon, the seeds from 2 vanilla pods, and the zest from a large orange.
2) Add the vanilla pods to the bowl and bash them up a bit with a wooden spoon to release the extra flavour.
3) Transfer the whole lot to an airtight container, add 2 Cinnamon sticks and pop the lid on. It will keep for ages.
4) Get yourself a very large pan, with a lid, and add a few lugs of olive oil and 2 knobs of butter. Place on a high heat.
5) Once the butter has melted, stir in 200g popcorn kernels. Put
the lid straight on and leave for a couple of minutes to get
6) When it starts popping, give the pan a shake every 30 seconds or so, holding the lid firmly in place, to make sure all of the kernels pop.
7) Listen out and when the popping stops, turn the heat off. Add 6 tablespoons of the flavoured sugar, pop the lid back on and shake well to cat.
8) Tip the spiced popcorn into a large bowl or lots of small bowls and tuck in.