Wednesday 12 Dec
On Animal Corner, Judi Weir from the SPCA has some adoption success stories and vet Viv Harris and animal advisor Carolyn Press McKenzie join in for a panel discussion on Summer Considerations.
We play croquet with Croquet New Zealand's Ruben
White, Baubre Murray, and two rising stars in the sport,
Philip Drew and Aiken "AJ"
Music reviewer Simon Sweetman looks at
some ideas for last-minute Christmas Gifts. First up he looks at
two great rock music compilations. Pub Rock Jukebox has one disc of
international hits and one great disc of Kiwi Rock Anthems.
Speaking of anthems, Top Gear Anthems takes in the popular driving
rock songs from the mega-successful TV show. If you know someone
who has everything there is when it comes to NZ music - think
again. Get them a copy of the record A Flip And Two Twisters
released by the Kingsland Vinyl Appreciation Society, this features
rare tracks by great Kiwi bands like Shihad and Straitjacket Fits.
And it's only available on vinyl!
For some Kiwi music that's a real slice of history there's the Double-CD and DVD package of Sir Inia Te Wiata's great recordings (Just Call Me Happy).
And Prince Tui Teka is remembered with a single-CD best-of and accompanying DVD (The Man&The Legend). Finally, for kids of all ages, or if you prefer to think of yourself as young at heart, we look at the super-popular Disney Channel product: High School Musical 2 (with an extended version of the soundtrack) and Hannah Montana 2. There's also a Christmas CD by some of the Disney Channel stars (Disney Channel Holiday). Something for everyone - and a very merry Christmas to all&
Our landscape designer Ben Hoyle joins the garden party and builds a petanque court.
Celebrity chef Peta Mathias joins us for al fresco cooking experience. She cooks Thon Mi-cuit au Salade du Sud and chats about her tourism venture, TV show, and new book.
We play bowls with members of the Wellington Working Men's bowling club.
Dynamic fitness instructor Rachel Wood finishes her series of Les Mills Bodypump sessions. At home, try improvising with heavy cans or dog food instead of a barbell.
Gardening guru Heather Tait Collins has some tips for dressing your garden for Christmas and has advice for looking after real Christmas trees.
Advertorial queen and Dancing With the Stars champ Suzanne Paul joins the party to reflect on 2007 and chat about her goals for next year.
We celebrate the new Petanque court with a demonstration from three of New Zealand's top Petanque players.
Our Women's Panel discusses how to survive the silly season.
The Warehouse / Good Morning Christmas promotion
- The Warehouse stores = 85 retail sites nationwide
- First store opened in 1982 on Wairau Road, North Shore, Auckland
- Number of years trading = Just marked 25th birthday on 20 November 2007
- Employ over 8,500 team members from Kaitaia to Invercargill.
- NZ's largest general merchandise retailer with over 80,000 active product lines, more than 440,000 sq metres of selling space, and serving 58 towns and cities
- Over 1.7 million customers visit our stores weekly (44% of the New Zealand population)
- The Warehouse is known and loved by Kiwis for its wide range of departments, including apparel, entertainment and technology, music, sporting, gardening, grocery, grocery (available at Extra Stores) and many others.
- Every Warehouse store is involved with charities and schools at a local level
The Warehouse extended Christmas Store Hours
10th - 16th Dec
8:30am - 10pm
17th Dec - 23rd Dec
8.30am - Midnight
24th Dec - Xmas Eve
8:30am - 8pm
Monday - Christmas decorations
- If you've enjoyed our Christmas decorations on set, you can win everything you need to recreate your own hot look at home this Christmas. Our friends at The Warehouse have kindly donated a fantastic selection of Christmas decorations for one lucky winner, including a tree complete with sparkling 'Ice cool silver' decorations.
Tuesday - City Mission broadcast
- The Warehouse has very kindly provided gifts and food supplies to families supported by the Wellington City Mission this Christmas.
We have masses of gifts for children, adults and families, along with special Christmas food items (all courtesy of The Warehouse), to help make this year's festive season a little bit easier and more enjoyable for those in need.
Wednesday - Garden Party
- One lucky winner can get their hands on all of the great items in our garden that will get any summer party off to a terrific start. The Warehouse has very generously donated a whole host of items, from a gas BBQ and stunning outdoor table & chair set, to cool games for the entire family to enjoy.
Thursday - Pool Party
- Be in with a chance to win this great selection of pool party prizes, complete with very cool Sanyo waterproof camera worth over $600. All of the prizes you can see here have been donated courtesy of The Warehouse, where you can get everything you need for a great summer outdoors.
Friday - Voucher / Christmas gift giveaway
- Let The Warehouse make your Christmas easier! Call in to win one of three Warehouse gift cards worth $250 to spend in-store this festive season. With over 80,000 product lines across a range of departments (including apparel, entertainment, technology, music, sporting, gardening, grocery and many others), The Warehouse has everything you could possibly need to make Christmas extra special!
- The Warehouse has very kindly donated some great gifts for us to giveaway just in time for Christmas. From the latest iPod shuffle to store all of your cool tunes on, to an Xbox 360 Arcade pack, exclusive to The Warehouse this Christmas, that comes packed with all of your favourite classic arcade games.
Please give generously to the Wellington City Mission before we broadcast live from there tomorrow on Tuesday 11 December or come down on the day!
They'll gratefully accept children's toys, baby clothes and small Christmas cakes on behalf of needy families this Christmas.
Wellington City Mission
200 Riddiford Street
And if you live outside Wellington, dont forget the Auckland and Christchurch missions.
This is the direct link to the kinds of donation the mission would like: