Tamara Jane's wedding cake recipe - 13 August
Wedding cake, made with white chocolate mud cake.
Butterfly decorations atop the wedding cake.
Cupcake icing and decorations.
Wedding cake requirements
White chocolate cakes
Rolled fondant or pettinice
Decorations are desired
White chocolate mud cake recipe
600g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
500g butter, chopped
900g caster sugar
300g white chocolate, chopped
4 eggs, whisked
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
Preheat oven to 155degC. Line three 12-hole muffin trays with cupcake papers.
- Sift flour and baking powder together into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and set aside until required.
- Put butter, milk, caster sugar and white chocolate into a metal bowl and place over a large saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir continuously using a flat-bottomed wooden spoon until chocolate has melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Alternatively, place ingredients into a ceramic bowl and melt in the microwave on high approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat or microwave, and cool to room temperature.
- Pour cooled chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients and whisk together until smooth and all lumps are dissolved.
- Gently stir in the eggs until just combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the cupcake papers.
- They should be two-thirds full. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a fine skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in the muffin trays for 10 minutes before removing the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
White chocolate ganache
600g white chocolate
- Melt the chocolate and cream together over a saucepan of gently simmering water or in the microwave on low power.
- Stir to combine and set aside to cool before use.