Laurent Loudeac's Recipe - Madeleine Biscuits - 4 August
Madeleines are baked in a special baking tray with scallop-shell-shaped cups.
2 large eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind or 1 tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt
1 cup flour
10 tbsp butter, melted
- Beat eggs.
- Add sugar, lemon rind, vanilla and salt.
- Mix in sifted flour, and gradually add melted butter.
- Gently spoon about 1 tbsp of mixture into each space in the greased Madeleine pan.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes at 190degC, or until golden.
- When cool, sprinkle icing sugar over the Madeleines.