Helen Jackson's salad recipes - 22 February
Middle Eastern lamb salad
Coconut chicken slaw
Middle Eastern Lamb Salad
Prepare: 15 MIN
Cook: 10 MIN
500g Lamb fillet
1/2 cup dukkah
2 tbsp oil
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tsp grated lemon rind
1 tsp honey
16 cherry tomatoes
1 iceberg lettuce, leaves washed and dried
1/2 telegraph cucumber, chopped into chunks
100g feta, crumbled
- Chop lamb into 2.5 cm cubes.
- Toss lamb in dukkah, pressing to get a good covering.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and quickly cook lamb until golden on each side.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, lemon rind and honey together in a small bowl.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter, tearing any that are large.
- Scatter tomatoes, cucumber and feta over the lettuce and then top with warm lamb.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
Coconut Chicken Slaw
Prepare: 20 MIN
Cook: 15 MIN
400ml can coconut cream
4 chicken breast fillets, skin off
1/2 cabbage, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
1/2 telegraph cucumber, chopped into fine sticks
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1/4 cup mint leaves
1/2 cup basil leaves
1/2 cup peanuts, lightly roasted
1 cup crisp fried noodles
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp brown sugar
2 tbsp lime juice
3 tbsp fish sauce
- Place the coconut cream and 1/2 cup cold water in a
saucepan and bring to the boil, add the chicken breasts and gently
poach until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the chicken to a bowl with the liquid. Refrigerate until cold.
- Mix together the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, herbs, peanuts and crispy noodles in a large bowl or platter.
- Combine chilli sauce, garlic, brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce and 3 tablespoons of the coconut cooking liquid in a small bowl.
- Finely slice the chicken and toss through the salad, drizzle with dressing.