GMTV Music Video
The GMTV Music Video Competition is on now!
Good Morning is calling all viewers to show off their creative music video skills in the GMTV Music Video Competition.
Send us a music video you've put together and you could win some great prizes including JVC Camcorders and the amazing JVC BoomBlaster!
Maybe you can breathe new life into "Eye of the Tiger", give "Bohemian Rhapsody" a music video makeover, or transform Lady Gaga's latest. Perhaps it's even an original song of your own that you're using. Whatever you choose, we want your entertaining video interpretation - from karaoke nights in fancy dress, to a vampire spectacular in your home town! Send us your best and you could be a star.
The focus is on how well the video works with the music. Is it visual? Does it tell a story? Is it fun? Whatever you do - we want to see it!
You can lip-synch or sing for real and your music video can be created either for an existing track or an original one.
Good Morning will select the top music videos which will be played on the show in the week beginning Monday, 25 July. Through public text voting, the entries will be narrowed down to three finalists who'll showcase their videos on Good Morning on Friday, July 29!
For tips on making a filming and editing your music video, click here
Check out the promo here
Please check the terms and conditions of the GMTV Music Video Competition especially in relation to copyright.
GMTV Music Video Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The overall winner of the "Good Morning" GMTV Music Video competition ("Winner") ("Competition") will win a JVC GZ-HM670B Camcorder and a trip for two flying Air New Zealand from either Auckland or Christchurch to Rarotonga, 7 nights in a Beachfront Suite at The Rarotongan Beach Resort and Spa ("Hotel") , daily tropical breakfast, fire dance show and island BBQ dinner for 2, a bottle of wine, 2 half-hour aromatherapy massages at the SpaPolynesia, 2 island pareus (sarongs) and return ground transfers in Rarotonga from the airport to the Hotel ("Winner's Prize").
2. The first runner up ("First Runner Up") will win a JVC RV-NB70 BoomBlaster ("Runner Up Prize") and the second runner up ("Second Runner Up") will win a JVC GZ-HM30B Camcorder ("Second Runner Up Prize"). The First Runner Up and the Second Runner Up are together the Runners Up ("Runners Up"). The Winner's Prize, the Runner Up Prize and the Second Runner Up Prize are together the Prizes ("Prizes").
3. The closing date for entries is 12 noon on Friday, 15 July 2011. Each Competition entrant ("Competitor") must provide their name, address (for the delivery of any prize), phone numbers, email and the details of the music, including the name of the song and the artist, used in their music video entered in the Competition ("Music Video").
4. The Winner and the Runners Up ("Winners") will be announced on-air on the Good Morning show on Friday, 29 July 2011.
5. The semi-finalists will be chosen by a Good Morning judging panel. Finalists will be selected by audience text voting. The Winner will be selected by a combination of judges' scores and text voting. TVNZ reserves the right not to select any semi-finalists if there are insufficient entries or if the quality of the entries is poor.
6. TVNZ accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged, delayed or unable to be viewed.
7. A Competitor may submit more than one entry in the Competition.
8. There is no age limit for any Competitor.
9. Each Competitor warrants that any Music Video submitted by them is their own creation or fully cleared by the Competitor for entry in the Competition and that such Music Video will not violate or infringe upon any rights of any nature whatsoever of any person, firm or corporation other than in the case of any music used in the Music Video. Competitors must supply the title, composer, publisher and artist for the song they submit.
10. Any Music Video entered in the Competition becomes the property of TVNZ. Subject to clause 9, TVNZ is entitled absolutely and in perpetuity to all copyright, proprietary and subsidiary rights in any Music Video. The Competitor, either as the creator or as the duly authorised agent of the creator(s) of the Music Video, waives in perpetuity all moral rights in any such Music Video.
11. Prizes or the relevant documentation will be delivered to the address listed on each Winner's entry form. Winners should allow up to 21 days for delivery of their Prize or the relevant documentation. TVNZ is not responsible for the safe delivery of the Prizes, although all care will be taken.
12. Competitors acknowledge that the Prizes are provided by sponsors and agree that TVNZ will not be responsible for the failure of any sponsor to provide any of the Prizes. TVNZ accepts no responsibility for the quality of any of the Prizes.
13. The Winner is responsible for making their own travel arrangements to and from the airport in New Zealand.
14. The Winner's Prize does not include the cost of medical expenses, spending money, airport or hotel transfers, travel or personal insurance, items of a personal nature, meals or beverages, airport taxes, government taxes or levies, laundry, telephone calls, additional nights or room upgrades other than as outlined in clause 1. All components of the Winner's Prize must be taken together.
15. It is a condition of accepting the Winner's Prize that the Winner or their travel companion may be requested to present a credit card upon arrival at the Hotel to cover any incidentals which may be incurred.
16. If the Winner is under 18 years of age, it is a condition of accepting the Winner's Prize that an adult must accompany the Winner on the Rarotongan trip.
17. The air travel and Hotel accommodation in the Winner's Prize must be utilised by 31 October 2011. The Winner's Prize is subject to availability, is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
18. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in New Zealand.
19. Employees of TVNZ or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant, production of a television programme to which a Competition relates, or any advertising agency or web company connected with TVNZ or any such person's subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. TVNZ reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Competitors.
20. By entering the Competition, each Competitor warrants that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete.
21. TVNZ reserves the right to disqualify any Competitor if it has reasonable grounds to believe the Competitor has breached any of these terms and conditions.
22. In the event that any Competitor is disqualified from the Competition, TVNZ in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further Competitor will be selected on the same criteria as the original Competitor and will be subject to these terms and conditions.
23. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. TVNZ cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
24. Competitors should note that unless stated otherwise, TVNZ does not accept responsibility for the return of any Competition entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
25. The Competitors' biographical details and names and photographs and audiovisual recordings of the Competitors may be used for publicity purposes in all media by TVNZ and Competitors agree that they must make themselves available for this purpose.
26. Competitors agree that they will, if requested by TVNZ, appear in a "trailer" or other advertisement designed to promote the "Good Morning" programme.
27. TVNZ reserves the right to conduct security verification checks in relation to the Winners at its absolute discretion. The Winners may be required to sign a declaration confirming their eligibility to accept a prize.
28. The Winners are advised that tax implications may arise from prize winnings and independent financial advice should be sought prior to acceptance of a prize.
29. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of TVNZ which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, TVNZ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
30. To the full extent permitted by law, TVNZ will not be liable to the Winners in respect of any claim for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any physical or mental injury suffered by any of the Winners or friend as a result of or in connection with the Competition or by reason of the utilisation or application of any prize won in the Competition.
31. TVNZ respects privacy rights under the Privacy Act 1993 and is required to comply with the privacy principles in respect of the collection of personal information from individuals.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.