Ginette McDonald's whitebait fritters and baked chicken recipes - 28 September
Baked chicken on tomatoes with balsamic vinegar
Time: 25 mins
Cost per serve: $10
NOT a dish for slimmers - X-factor is the parmesan and the white bread.
1 tbsp flour
1 tbsp Parmesan (finely grated)
Salt and pepper
Oil (for frying)
White bread & butter
1. Beat an egg, and season. Add finely chopped parsley and a touch of fine grated parmesan.
2. Fold in whitebait. Leave to 'infuse' for 15 mins.
3. Melt butter in frying pan with a dash of oil to stop burning. Dollop tablespoon sized whitebait fritters mix into pan.
4. Flip fritters after 2mins. Cook a further minute then serve each one on WHITE buttered bread cut into fours (or baguette slices) with more salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
Baked Chicken on Tomatoes with Balsamic Vinegar
Time: 50 mins
A dish for slimmers - the X-factor is the garlic & herb salt.
4 chicken thighs
3 fresh tomatoes, thickly sliced
1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp garlic & herb salt
Cooking spray or Olive oil
1. Lay them in tomatoes pan. Tiny drizzle of balsamic, tiny sprinkle of garlic & herb salt then lay chicken thighs on top.
2. Sprinkle with more garlic & herb salt, another balsamic drizzle, then tiny spray of cooking oil or small drizzle of olive oil.
3. Cook about half an hour in a moderate oven. Serve with rocket salad.