Geoff Scott's Chocolate, coconut & currant slice
Chocolate, coconut & currant slice
For more on Geoff Scott, visit Vinnies.
This rich and tasty, decadent slice is one of my all time favourites. It's a recipe my mother-in-law has made for over 30 years. That to me is testament in itself that it's a keeper! The combination of coconut and currants balanced with the bitter chocolate hits the spot and is just perfect served with a cup of tea or coffee. I hope you enjoy making, baking and sharing this slice as much as I do.
180g bitter chocolate (70% cocoa - or dark energy bar chocolate)
2 dessert spoons flour
1. Line a swiss roll tin 20x30cm with grease proof baking paper. Lightly grease with butter or baking spray.
2. Melt the chocolate in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water, tip into the tin and spread out with a pastry brush or back of a spoon. Place in the fridge.
3. Cream butter and sugar, add the egg then add in the flour, coconut and currants.
4. Spread on top of the set chocolate then bake at 150C for 25 - 30 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool, then cut into squares.
5. Store in the fridge. Keeps well in the freezer too.