Ganesh Raj's Pork Larb with Lettuce Cups
GANESH RAJ – Thetastingshed.co.nz
Pork Larb with Lettuce Cups
1 tablespoon peanut oil
500g pork mince
1 stalk of lemongrass chopped
2 tbl minced garlic
1 tbl grated ginger
1 tbl chilli flakes
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoons agave syrup
1 shallot thinly sliced
1 cup coriander leaves
1 cup round mint leaves
Baby cos lettuce leaves, to serve
METHOD (Have everything above ready ahead of time)
- Heat the oil up until it is just smoking.
- Add the pork and move it around until brown. Once it is brown you have to move quickly.
- Add the lemongrass, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook until it smells good.
- Turn off the heat. Add the lime juice, fish sauce, agave syrup, mint, coriander and stir to combine.
- Spoon pork mixture into serving bowls.
- Place lettuce on serving plates and eat.