Donna Hay's recipes - Chicken couscous, pappardelle carbonara, coconut-chocolate tarts - 8 May
Spiced Chicken & Chorizo Couscous
1 onion, coarsely chopped
1 x 200g chicken breast fillet, chopped
1 x 150g chorizo sausage, sliced
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 cup (200g) instant couscous
1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
1/2 cup (125ml) water
100g baby English spinach leaves
1 cup (150g) pitted kalamata olives
- Place onion, chicken, chorizo, chilli and garlic into a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and cook for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is browned.
- Add couscous, stock and water to the pan, cover and simmer over
low heat for 2 minutes or until couscous is tender.
- Stir spinach and olives through couscous mixture to serve.
- Serves 2.
2 egg yolks
3/4 cup (180ml) cream
1/3 cup (25g) finely grated parmesan
cracked black pepper
4 slices prosciutto
extra grated parmesan, to serve
- Cook pappardelle in a large saucepan of salted boiling
water for 10-12
minutes or until al dente.
- Drain, return pasta to the pan and place over very low heat.
- Combine egg yolks, cream, parmesan and pepper, pour over
pasta, return to heat and toss to coat for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce
- Divide pasta between serving bowls and top with prosciutto and the extra parmesan to serve.
- Serves 2.
3/4 cup (60g) desiccated coconut
1/3 cup (75g) caster (superfine) sugar
chocolate ganache filling
140g dark chocolate, chopped
2/3 cup (160ml) cream
- Preheat the oven to 140degC (280degF).
- Combine coconut, sugarand eggwhite in a bowl and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking paper and place 6 greased 7.5cm diameter
egg rings on the sheet.
- Press the coconut mixture into the egg rings to make an even shell on the base and sides.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the shells are lightly browned.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the rings and filling with chocolate filling.
- To make chocolate ganache filling, combine chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, until chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat
and cool before pouring into the shells.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until- filling sets.
- Makes 6.