Astar's Craft: Room Fresheners
Quick and easy pretty little room fresheners…
I am always on the look for inexpensive, but really nice gifts and these room fresheners are just perfect.
Things to gather –
- Small ‘mason-jars’ – get the ones that have the removable disc lids that push out of the screw rings.
- Pretty scrap book card/paper
- Narrow ribbon to match paper plus a few bead to fix to end or a jewel to fix to centre of bow once made.
- Tapestry needle or thick darning needle.
- Sharp scissors
- Baking soda – depending on size of jar you will need either ¼ or ½ cup…
- 1 cap of essential oil of your choice – I love vanilla or citrus fragrance.
- Remove inner metal disc from jar lid and use this to trace around scrapbook paper or card…
- Cut out circle and then use the thick darning or tapestry needle to make holes in the card or paper
- Add baking soda to jar followed by essential oil and give it a good stir to combine
- Place pierced circles inside ‘mason jar’ ring then screw into place
- Give it a good shake to activate and release fragrance
- Embellish around lid with ribbon and fix beads or jewels as desired