Astar's Craft: Recycled Paper
Astar’s Recycled Paper
This is such a wonderful way to recycle all that ‘paper stuff’ that comes through the mail box.
What You Will Need:
- From Spotlight you will find in the KID’S craft section, a paper making kit. They are really cheap and it contains everything you will need, as a startup.
- Plastic tray with shallow sides, sponge, draining rack, plain news print or blotter paper, old towels
- Frame with a mesh base – comes in kit with extra mesh sheets
- Pressed flowers
- Herbs, grass, flower petals like lavender etc
- Tear paper into small pieces
- Place into a blender
- Cover with water and if desired add grass clipping, herbs or flowers petals.
- Blend until you have a pulp mix
- Into a plastic tray, fill with water.
- Place grilled/mesh frame into water.
- Pour paper pulp down on top of mesh frame.
- Gently give it a shake to settle and even out pulp.
- Gently lift mesh frame out of water and give it another gentle shake to remove excess water.
- Place a piece of mesh on top of paper pulp.
- Place down on top of an old towel. Use the sponge to sponge out and remove excess paper.
- Gently turn paper out of mesh frame.
- Re-sponge to remove more moisture.
- Place between more layers of paper to further remove moisture.
- Lay flat to dry.
… just like that, recycled handmade paper!
Happy paper making!
PS: this project is best undertaken on a warm sunny day as it make drying the paper much quicker…