Astar's Craft: Pink Pig Piñata and Face Painting
How to make a Pink Pig Piñata –
Materials required –
- 1 large pink paper lantern - body
- 1 tiny pink lantern – nose
- Wiggly eyes
- Pink crepe paper
- Pink and white felt – ears and marking for nose
- Red paper or ribbon to form mouth
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- String for hanging
- Cutting scissor
- Sweets for inside complete Piñata…
- Whacking stick.
NOTE – during construction I found it easier to use a large round bowl as a fixing and holding vehicle which stopped the lantern rolling all over the place..
- Assemble wires inside cavity of paper lanterns.
- Make pink ears for pig from felt + cut two smaller pieces from white felt for inner ears
- Cut two little white dots from felt to make dots for end of nose
- Make a smiley mouth shape from red ribbon.
- From crepe paper cut two circles slightly bigger then top circle of lantern.
- Glue this on top of circle to hide opening.
- Cut squares from crepe paper and form hair. Glue this down on top of above.
- Gently lift a corner portion and fix hanging string.
- Glue a small circle of crepe paper over opening hole of wee lantern.
- Open top of above, glue two wee white dots to form nostrils.
- Glue and place this about 1/3 down from top of hair.
- Glue ears half way between ears and nose.
- Glue eyes just above nose, quite close together.
- Glue smiley mouth just beneath nose.
- Turn pig upside down, so that the base hole is showing then gently place sweets. Glue remaining large circle of crepe paper to close base. You might need several layers if sweets are too heavy.
- Make a long wiggly tail from crepe paper and glue to bottom section of pig.
- Hang and you are ready to go…
Things to gather –
Spotlight has a wonderful selection and range of –
- Face paint kits
- Paint brushes
- Face painting book (Face Art by Chantal the Fairy)
Plus they also sell almost every costume one could want and more along with accessories.
Now this is a bit hard to explain, but as indicated above, the face painting book has a large and wonderful array of images showing easy step by step instructions on how to create anything from a witch to a pirate.
Follow the books instructions and enjoy…