Astar's Craft: Eucalyptus & Peppermint Vaporizing Disks
Eucalyptus & Peppermint Vaporizing Disks
Absolutely perfect to place in the bottom of the shower when you have a blocked nose – all too easy…
PS: these make for great gifts…
Things to gather –
- 3 cups baking soda
- Essential oils – I like eucalyptus & peppermint
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Mixing bowl
- Water – about a cup
- Line the muffin tin with paper cases
- Into your mixing bowl add baking soda and just enough water to make a paste the consistency of putty.
- Gently spoon mix into cases and give tray a wee tap to settle mix. You might need to use the back of a spoon to smooth the surface.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Next day – add about 8 drops of each essential oil to each disk. If my nose is really blocked I sometimes use more.
- Remove from paper cases and store in a jar until required.
- 1 Cup of baking soda to 1/3 cup of water. Mix to a paste.
- Place mix inside paper cases and bake 20 minutes in a moderate oven.
- When cool, drop essential oils on top disks.
- Store in a sealed jar until required.
To use – simply place in the bottom of the shower and as the warm water hits the disks they melt releasing the vapour.