Astar's Craft: Bedazzled Sneakers
Here is a great holiday project for little girls – or even big girls. Embellishing plain canvas shoes or ballet pumps with sparkly jewels and gems.
Things to gather –
- Plain pair of canvas or similar shoes
- Or for the big girls, a heeled pair of shoes
All materials can be found at Spotlight –
- Gem bond glue / fine paint brush
- Satay stick with a small piece of bees wax fixed to one end (this will become the tool to pick up jewels/gems to be fixed to surface of shoe)
- Several tubes of coloured JEWEL 3-D Paint (Tubes come in a variety of shades. This will be used to highlight and give depth and dimension to completed shoes)
- Several cards of selected designs and styles of self-sticking embellishment jewels(Although they are sticky, for long term wear they do need to be glued into place)
- Before you start it’s a good idea to to use a pencil to roughly draw images desired.
- Use the Jewel 3-D Paint to out-line designs – say the stem of a flower etc.
- Allow to dry.
- Pour a little gem bond glue into a saucer, and using the paint brush, dab little dots of glue onto surface of design or where you want sparkles placed.
- Take the waxed satay stick, and push down on top of jewel, lift then position down on top of glue.