Arohatia te Reo - Maori Language Week
Congratulations to Deahla Stockman and Vi Lyons - the winners of the Kai Cookers!
Also, congrats to our runners-up: Alex & Oliver Kidd, Lee Stuart, Terry Miringaorangi, Gillian Tait, Michelle Cull, Kymarni Swan-Taroa-Timu, Susie Gilroy, Tania Fraser and Antonia McClean!
Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Maori (The Maori Language Commission) celebrates 25 years of existence in 2012 and to celebrate it has chosen "Arohatia te Reo" as the theme for Maori Language Week 2012.
Arohatia te Reo means to Cherish the Language. We want you to share your interpretation of Arohatia te Reo with us here at Good Morning.
Video entries can be as diverse as a waiata, a sketch, an artwork, a conversation or any video that reflects the theme. We will play out our favourite videos during Maori Language Week and two winners will receive a fabulous Multi Kai Cooker - not just a hangi cooker, its a hot plate, BBQ, smoker and steamer.
Two runners up will each receive a Maori designed embroidered wall hanging and there are also five kete, by master weaver Leisha Conrad, to be won.
So get inspired and get filming! Upload to youtube and click below to paste the link and enter your details. Your uploads should be no longer than 1min.
Competition closes at 12 noon, Monday 16th July.
Its easy to win! Arohatia te Reo!
Terms and Conditions
1. Two winners ("Winners") of the "Good Morning" Maori Language Week competition ("Competition") will each win a family size 4 basket Multi Kai Cooker ("Prize").
2. Two runners up ("Runners Up") will each win a Maori designed embroidered wall hanging ("Runners Up Prize").
3. Five daily winners ("Daily Winners") will each win a hand weaved piece by master weaver Leisha Conrad ("Daily Prize").
4. The Winners, Runners Up and Daily Winners are together the " Prize Winners". The Prize, Runners Up Prize and Daily Prize are together the "Winners Prize".
5. The closing date for entries is 12 noon on Friday 13 July 2012. Each Competition entrant ("Competitor") must provide their name, address (for the delivery of any Winners Prize), phone number and email address.
6. The Prize Winners will be selected by a random draw. In the event any Prize Winner is unable to be contacted by Television New Zealand ("TVNZ"), then TVNZ may at its complete discretion draw another Prize Winner. Any decision made by TVNZ is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. TVNZ accepts no responsibility for entries lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged, delayed or incomplete.
8. The Prize Winners will have their Winners Prize or the relevant documentation, delivered to the address listed on their entry. The Prize Winners should allow up to 30 days for delivery of their Winners Prize. TVNZ is not responsible for the safe delivery of any Winners Prize, although all care will be taken.
9. Each Winners Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
10. Competitors acknowledge that each Winners Prize is provided by sponsors and agree that TVNZ will not be responsible for the failure of any sponsor to provide any Winners Prize. TVNZ accepts no responsibility for the quality of any Winners Prize.
11. Any word that is singular may also include the plural.
12. Neither TVNZ nor any other person or party associated
with the promotion shall be liable for any loss or damage
whatsoever suffered (including, but not limited to, direct,
indirect and/or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or
sustained in connection with either participation in the promotion
or with any Winners Prize or any part of it.
13. By entering this Competition you agree to the TVNZ standard terms and conditions on the TVNZ website as well as those specific to this Competition.