Episode 10 - Corn and Quinoa Bowl
Corn and Quinoa Bowl
Rinse quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) in a fine strainer before cooking to
wash off the bitter coating.
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 20 mins
• 1 cup uncooked white quinoa
• 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 3 cups corn kernels (about 3 cobs, or use frozen or canned kernels)
• 3 small zucchini, finely diced
• 10-12 green beans, finely sliced (optional)
• 1 large or 2 small spring onions, finely sliced
• 3 tbsp lime juice
• ½ cup coarsely chopped coriander leaves
• salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Place quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse well under a tap. Cook according to packet instructions until tender. All the water should be fully absorbed – if not, drain well through a fine sieve. Allow to cool.
While quinoa is cooling, heat oil in a large, heavy-based frypan over high heat and cook corn, zucchini and beans, if using, stirring to prevent sticking, until softened (about 5 minutes). Toss into quinoa along with all remaining ingredients. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This recipe is from Annabel’s TV series Annabel Langbein The Free Range Cook: Through the Seasons (7pm Saturday nights on TV One) and the accompanying book (Annabel Langbein Media, $59.95). For more great Annabel Langbein recipes see annabel-langbein.com