Television New Zealand Limited - Competition terms and conditions
Date of Last Revision: 19 September 2013
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in Competition Notices (as defined below) are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions included on the www.tvnz.co.nz website or on any of TVNZ”s Facebook pages ("Competition"), unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are either displayed in a notice included on the www.tvnz.co.nz web page posting for such Competition or, in the event the Competition is being run via Facebook, on the relevant Facebook page ("the Competition Notice") and are incorporated herein. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and the Competition Notice, the Competition Notice shall prevail.
3. TVNZ reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition, the Competition Notice or these Rules at any time for any reason without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the Competition Notice or these Rules.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, Competition Notice, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of TVNZ shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Competition an entrant (“Competitor”) must be resident in New Zealand and, unless otherwise specified in a Competition Notice, must be 18 years of age or more.
6. Employees of TVNZ or any company involved in the Competition or, if relevant, production of a programme to which a Competition relates, or any advertising agency or web company connected with TVNZ or any such persons subsidiary or associated companies, agents or members of their families or households, are not eligible to enter the Competition. In the event the Competition is being run via Facebook, employees of Facebook are not eligible to enter the Competition. TVNZ reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Competitors.
7. Additional eligibility requirements may apply to a specific Competition, eg additional/different age requirements, a valid passport, visas and/or driver's licence will be required if the Competition is a car or includes travel outside New Zealand and/or car hire.
8. By entering the Competition, Competitors warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete.
9. TVNZ reserves the right to disqualify any Competitor if it has reasonable grounds to believe the Competitor has breached any of these terms and conditions.
10. In the event that any Competitor is disqualified from the Competition, TVNZ in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further Competitor will be selected on the same criteria as the original Competitor and will be subject to these Rules.
11. Unless otherwise specified in a Competition Notice only one entry per person per Competition is allowed and multiple entries will result in a Competitor being disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and TVNZ discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one entry, TVNZ reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further Competitor will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
12. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
13. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. TVNZ cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
14. Competitors should note that unless stated otherwise, TVNZ does not accept responsibility for the return of any Competition entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
15. Competitors must answer all questions on the Competition form to be eligible.
16. The Competitors biographical details and names and photographs and audio-visual recordings of the Competitors may be used for publicity purposes in all media by TVNZ and Competitors agree that they must make themselves available for this purpose.
17. Competitors agree that in the event they win a prize they will, if requested by TVNZ, appear in a "trailer" or other advertisement designed to promote any TVNZ programmes or services or third party products or services relevant to the Competition.
18. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification within the time stated therein may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If the Competition involves more than one prize, only one prize per entrant will be awarded.
19. Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
20. TVNZ reserves the right to conduct security verification checks in relation to the prize winner at its absolute discretion. The prize winner may be required to sign a declaration confirming eligibility to accept the prize. In the event the winner is ineligible to claim for any reason (e.g. wins an international trip but is not able to travel for any reason) the winner shall forfeit the prize and the prize shall be redrawn.
21. TVNZ reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
22. Unless otherwise specified prizes are non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and all components of the prize must be taken together.
23. Where the prize is a trip:
(a) Competitors agree that the winner will make themselves available on request for the recording of all parts of the trip, that the recording may be edited at the discretion of TVNZ and that TVNZ may transmit and authorise the transmission of the edited recording, together with their photographs and biographical material, for any purpose (except commercial endorsement of third party products or services unrelated to the Competition) and by any means throughout the world in perpetuity;
(b) unless otherwise specified the prize does not include the cost of passports, visas, medical expenses, spending money, airport or hotel transfers, travel or personal insurance, items of a personal nature, meals or beverages including minibar expenses, airport or port taxes, government taxes or levies, laundry, telephone calls, internet charges, additional nights or room upgrades.
(c) it is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be requested to present a credit card upon arrival at the hotel to cover all incidentals which may be incurred.
24. The prize winner is advised that tax implications may arise from prize winnings and independent financial advice should be sought prior to acceptance of the prize.
25. Technical failure etc: If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of TVNZ which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, TVNZ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition.
26. Release: To the full extent permitted by law, TVNZ will not be liable to the winner (and in the event the prize includes benefits to be shared with any friend of the winner, any friend) in respect of any claim for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any physical or mental injury suffered by the winner or friend as a result of or in connection with the Competition or by reason of the utilisation or application of any prize won in the Competition.
28. Governing Law: These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.
29. Facebook: In the event the Competition is being run via Facebook, all Competitors acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and that to the full extent permitted by law, Facebook will not be liable to any Competitor in respect of any claim whatsoever including but not limited to for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any physical or mental injury suffered by any Competitor as a result of or in connection with the Competition or by reason of the utilisation or application of any prize won in the Competition.