1. Television New Zealand Limited (we, us or our) may collect information from you from time to time in respect of your use of the tvnz.co.nz website (the Site).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
5. TVNZ may collect and process the following types of information during your use of the Site:
- personal information that you provide by filling in any forms on the Site, including registering to use the Site, subscribing to any of our services, posting material, entering a competition or promotion, reporting a problem with the Site or requesting further services;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to the Site (eg traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access) to analyze trends and user traffic and gather statistical information;
- information about your computer, IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual; and
- other information from time to time at TVNZ's
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
6. We may use information in the following ways:
- to help us provide the Site and our services to you and to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to enable us to provide technical support and respond to inquiries
- to notify you of any updates to the Site and our services
- to solicit input and feedback to improve TVNZ products and services
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Site
- to conduct market research and generate and provide statistical analysis and ratings information.
7. We will store this data either on servers located at
TVNZ premises (100 Victoria Street, Auckland, New Zealand) or on
approved off-premise locations under contract to TVNZ. Data will be
stored indefinitely and used for the purposes described in this
8. Any information automatically retrieved, such as site
browsing patterns, will be used only in aggregate form (so that you
are not identified). Information provided by visitors will not be
disclosed to third parties except:
- where required by law;
- if you enter a competition or register for any promotional
feature through this website, in which case information about you
may be provided to advertisers for marketing purposes.
However, you will be given the option at the time of entering the
competition or registering for the feature to decline the provision
of the information about you to advertisers for marketing purposes
and/or to decline receiving further information or further contact
with TVNZ or the advertiser.
COOKIES & WEBSITE TRAFFIC MEASURING
9. TVNZ currently uses Nielsen//NetRatings and Omniture website measurement software and systems to help measure traffic visiting our websites. The service anonymously aggregates site visit statistics, such as number of pages viewed time spent on site, and Nielsen//NetRatings also randomly asks visitors to complete anonymous short site surveys. Nielsen//NetRatings has been adopted as an accepted audience measurement standard by major New Zealand publishers and corporate websites. Nielsen//NetRatings is responsible for aggregating all information; individuals cannot and will not be identified. The information is used by TVNZ to better understand usage of its websites. Limited data is also made available to advertising and media organisations.
10. Each web page has a small piece of Nielsen//NetRatings and Omniture code that will not be visible as you look at any particular page. The software stores a cookie in your browser (if you have enabled cookies) which contains a unique identifier to allow us to track the number of unique visitors to our website. This information is collected and aggregated by Nielsen//NetRatings and Omniture and in no way can you be identified personally and no personal information is stored about you.
11. Some advertisements on our site are provided by other organisations. Our advertising partners may serve ads that they believe are most likely to be of interest to you, based on information about your visit to this and other websites (this information is anonymous in that it does not include your name, street address, email address or telephone number). In order to do this, our advertising partners may need to place a cookie on your computer. For more information about this type of online behavioural advertising and about cookies please visit www.youronlinechoices.com . To turn this feature off click here .
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
12. Please note that the Site may contain links to and from websites not controlled by TVNZ. If you follow a link to any other website, those websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.