Video Production Ideas
- Show how you researched one or more Zero Waste initiatives we
have suggested (Becoming a
Zero Waste school ) and made some changes at your school.
Or, perhaps you could come up with some new ideas, and show how you
progressed from 'new idea' to making a difference to the
- Take a look at your school's waste. Just how much waste is your
school producing? The only way to find out is to gather up
all your school's waste for a day and measure it. This survey is
called a Waste Audit. See Conducting a
waste audit at your school for more info on this fun class
- You could make a really cool movie about conducting your waste
audit using several different movie genres. For example;
1. Horror movie clip about the gloopy food-scraps.
2. Slapstick movie clip about collecting the rubbish bins and chasing the rubbish blowing across the playground.
3. Documentary clip about weighing and measuring the sorted rubbish.
4. Spy movie clip about checking the lunchboxes.
- Perhaps a scene from the future could be part of your film or
- Your Zero Waste Zone movie could show how you reused different materials within your school to create something completely different from their original use. For example, film canisters into jewelry, ice-cream tubs into seedling planters, and baths into worm-farms.
Remember that your finished film must show how your school is working towards becoming a Zero Waste school.