Now Playing: Damage, death in Samoa after tsunami (2:39)
Source: ONE News
At least two dozen people are feared dead in Samoa and American Samoa and many more have been injured after a massive earthquake and tsunami hit the Pacific island nations
Now Playing: Eyewitness account from Samoa (4:23)
Wendy Petrie speaks to Tony Manson in Samoa about the earthquake and tsunami that has hit the region.
Now Playing: Tsunami warning issued for NZ (3:19)
Paul Henry speaks to Warwick Smith, senior seismologist at GNS, about the tsunami warning issues for New Zealand.
Now Playing: Tsunami warning issued for Pacific (3:20)
Paul Henry speaks to Nathan Becker from the Tsunami Pacific Warning Centre about the tsunami warning issued across the Pacific.
Now Playing: Early reports of effects of tsunami in Samoa (2:54)
Source: ONE News
Rico Tupai, a camerman in Samoa, relays reports of how the tsunami is affecting the island.
Many feared dead in Samoa
Published: 8:41AM Wednesday September 30, 2009 Source: AAP/Reuters
- Australia delivers ammunition to Iraqi Kurds
- US to send troops to Baghdad embassy
- Obama addresses West Africans on facts about Ebola video
- Commission rejects London mayor's plan for airport video
- Doctors Without Borders says world is losing battle against Ebola video
- Seismic activity calms down near Iceland volcano video
- Al-Shabab leader was target of airstrike - US officials
- Piers Morgan confirms CNN departure
- Crackdown on sugary drinks a 'no brainer' - Nigel Latta video
- Cunliffe 'can't have it both ways' on capital gains tax video
- Connor Morris' family emotional as murder accused pleads not guilty video
- Polling stations open as General Election voting begins
How do you want your news?
Copyright © 2014, Television New Zealand Limited. Breaking and Daily News, Sport & Weather | TV ONE, TV2 | Ondemand