Now Playing: Damage, death in Samoa after tsunami (2:39)
Source: ONE News
At least two dozen people are feared dead in Samoa and American Samoa and many more have been injured after a massive earthquake and tsunami hit the Pacific island nations
Now Playing: Eyewitness account from Samoa (4:23)
Wendy Petrie speaks to Tony Manson in Samoa about the earthquake and tsunami that has hit the region.
Now Playing: Tsunami warning issued for NZ (3:19)
Paul Henry speaks to Warwick Smith, senior seismologist at GNS, about the tsunami warning issues for New Zealand.
Now Playing: Tsunami warning issued for Pacific (3:20)
Paul Henry speaks to Nathan Becker from the Tsunami Pacific Warning Centre about the tsunami warning issued across the Pacific.
Now Playing: Early reports of effects of tsunami in Samoa (2:54)
Source: ONE News
Rico Tupai, a camerman in Samoa, relays reports of how the tsunami is affecting the island.
Many feared dead in Samoa
Published: 8:41AM Wednesday September 30, 2009 Source: AAP/Reuters
- Lightning strike kills teen on Australian beach
- Two homes lost in Blue Mountains fire
- Cat dead after being shot with arrows in Sydney
- Sydney stabbing leads to hour-long police chase, harbour bridge closure
- Halloweeners dress up as ISIS soldiers
- First picture emerges of son who beheaded his own mother
- Ebola epidemic claims more lives than figures showed - WHO
- Window washers shun new bylaw video
- Two men seriously injured in microlight crash video
- Teen charged with murder of talented Junior Warrior video
- King's College bullies suspended until next year
- 'Kiwi Jihadi' raising concerns about NZ terror threat
How do you want your news?
Copyright © 2014, Television New Zealand Limited. Breaking and Daily News, Sport & Weather | TV ONE, TV2 | Ondemand