Now Playing: Damage, death in Samoa after tsunami (2:39)
Source: ONE News
At least two dozen people are feared dead in Samoa and American Samoa and many more have been injured after a massive earthquake and tsunami hit the Pacific island nations
Now Playing: Eyewitness account from Samoa (4:23)
Wendy Petrie speaks to Tony Manson in Samoa about the earthquake and tsunami that has hit the region.
Now Playing: Tsunami warning issued for NZ (3:19)
Paul Henry speaks to Warwick Smith, senior seismologist at GNS, about the tsunami warning issues for New Zealand.
Now Playing: Tsunami warning issued for Pacific (3:20)
Paul Henry speaks to Nathan Becker from the Tsunami Pacific Warning Centre about the tsunami warning issued across the Pacific.
Now Playing: Early reports of effects of tsunami in Samoa (2:54)
Source: ONE News
Rico Tupai, a camerman in Samoa, relays reports of how the tsunami is affecting the island.
Many feared dead in Samoa
Published: 8:41AM Wednesday September 30, 2009 Source: AAP/Reuters
- OSCE escorts Dutch and Australia experts to MH17 main crash site
- Israel hits 30 Gaza homes, kills senior militant
- Taiwan plane survivor crawls out, phones dad
- Taliban kill 14 Shiites in Afghanistan road attack
- Palestinians killed as thousands protest in the West Bank video
- 'No survivors' in Air Algeria crash - France
- Three plane disasters in one week won't deter travellers says official
- Wreckage of teen pilot's plane found
- Cara Delevingne told to move out of parents' home
- Kanye West installs home surveillance
- Kiwi nurse helps wounded in 'intense' Gaza conflict video
- Jail for beneficiary who sold guns to gangs video
How do you want your news?
Copyright © 2014, Television New Zealand Limited. Breaking and Daily News, Sport & Weather | TV ONE, TV2 | Ondemand