Now Playing: Damage, death in Samoa after tsunami (2:39)
Source: ONE News
At least two dozen people are feared dead in Samoa and American Samoa and many more have been injured after a massive earthquake and tsunami hit the Pacific island nations
Now Playing: Eyewitness account from Samoa (4:23)
Wendy Petrie speaks to Tony Manson in Samoa about the earthquake and tsunami that has hit the region.
Now Playing: Tsunami warning issued for NZ (3:19)
Paul Henry speaks to Warwick Smith, senior seismologist at GNS, about the tsunami warning issues for New Zealand.
Now Playing: Tsunami warning issued for Pacific (3:20)
Paul Henry speaks to Nathan Becker from the Tsunami Pacific Warning Centre about the tsunami warning issued across the Pacific.
Now Playing: Early reports of effects of tsunami in Samoa (2:54)
Source: ONE News
Rico Tupai, a camerman in Samoa, relays reports of how the tsunami is affecting the island.
Many feared dead in Samoa
Published: 8:41AM Wednesday September 30, 2009 Source: AAP/Reuters
- updated 21:52 Israeli strikes on Gaza break lull video
- Over $300,000 worth of ivory seized at Thai airport video
- Flash flooding traps dozens in east China video
- Shooting down of MH17 may be a 'war crime'
- Tanker catches fire amid clashes in Libyan capital
- Asylum seekers to claim compensation in Australia
- Filipino extremists kill at least 16 villagers
- NZ Herald apologises to fallen soldier's family over Jackass photo blunder
- Catherine Zeta-Jones 'a mess' after husband's diagnosis
- No deal: Key leaves Colin Craig out in the cold
- Person trapped in car on Auckland train track
- Faulty heaters are banned after causing fires
How do you want your news?
Copyright © 2014, Television New Zealand Limited. Breaking and Daily News, Sport & Weather | TV ONE, TV2 | Ondemand