Accessing Teletext subtitles on an Analogue TV
1. Press the Text button on your remote control to display Teletext. This is sometimes represented by the letters ' TXT' or as three horizontal lines .
2. Dial 801.
3. Wait a minute. If the programme has captions, they will begin displaying within 10 seconds.
To turn the captions off, press the Text button again.
Accessing Teletext subtitles on Freeview Satellite
1. Press the Subtitle button on your set-top box remote. This is sometimes represented by the letters ' SUB' or a line of dots at the bottom of a square.
2. Wait a minute. If the programme has captions, they will begin displaying within 10 seconds.
To turn the captions off, press the Subtitle button again.
To turn the captions off, press the Subtitle button
Note. If you change the channel the captions/subtitles will turn off.
Troubleshooting - Click here if there is a problem with the subtitles...
To find out what programmes are captioned:
- Teletext page 321
- Our website: www.tvnz.co.nz/captioning
- Print Publications: The Listener (indicated by a black square), TV Guide (indicated by a black dot) and the NZ Herald (indicated by 'T')
- Ear logo: captioned programmes are indicated by the ear logo at the beginning of the programme or at the bottom of programme synopses on an EPG.
How do you want your news
Choose the news you want when you want it, all in one personalised daily e-mail.
TVNZ is available on mobile phones: Text TVNZ to 8869.
See when TVNZ have added new content. You can get the latest headlines anywhere.
Enjoy TVNZ on the move - a wide range of programmes and highlights are available.